I spoke to an applicant today who’s application was voided by the CSLB.
After months of back and forth with the Contractors State License Board where they continued to ask for more and more documentation, they voided his application without offering the “options” letter. The “options” letter is something they’ve sent to countless other applicants. The letter gives the applicant the option of withdrawing the app, using someone else as a qualifier, or sending the app to a formal investigation. As you’ll see below, this applicant to not get the “options” letter. My question is why???
Did they change the rules again? And without any notification to anyone?
This particular applicant has an over abundance of experience, plus a college degree that should have given him at least up to two years of experience credit. With his experience and the overwhelming experience documentation he provided that covered more than 10 years (when only two years was required), why did they void his app?
Granted, there were some issues with the experience outline on the application (something I could have helped him avoid with my app review service), but the fact remains that he was not given the “options” letter. I firmly believe that if he’d been given the option of having a formal investigation he could have dealt with an investigator that actually has some construction experience… unlike those who work in the application unit of the CSLB who have none. The same people who were reviewing his application and made the determination to void his app.
We all know that the federal and state governments play by their own rules, but why can’t there be some consistency? How can anyone play the game when the rules are constantly changing?
Another issue I have with this particular application is that they granted an extended void date on January 8th. Did they grant a 30 days extension as is standard? No. If they had, the app would have been voided on February 8th. But they voided the app on January 26th! What the %*&# is going on here!!!
I gave the applicant some options, all of which we will pursue… bottom line… This kind of government abuse is unacceptable, and we as a society have to stand up and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!
Application is void
- 08/24/2015 – APPLICATION RECEIVED
- 08/31/2015 – PRINTED ACKNLDGMNT LTTR TO APPLCNT
- 09/10/2015 – APPLICATION RETURNED FOR CORRECTION
- 09/10/2015 – WORK EXPERIENCE BLANK/PROBLEM
- 09/10/2015 – CRITICAL CLASS DUTIES NOT SPECIFIC
- 09/10/2015 – CERTIFIER RELATIONSHIP DISCREPANCY
- 09/10/2015 – SPEC PROJ – EXPERIENCE VERIFICATION
- 09/10/2015 – ADD’L SELF EMPLOYMNT INFO REQUESTED
- 10/16/2015 – RETURNED APP RECEIVED BACK AT CSLB
- 10/23/2015 – CORRECTIONS SENT TO BE SCANNED
- 10/23/2015 – APPLICATION RETURNED FOR CORRECTION
- 10/23/2015 – WORK EXPERIENCE BLANK/PROBLEM
- 10/23/2015 – CERT DUTIES STILL NOT ACCEPTABLE
- 10/23/2015 – SPEC PROJ – EXPERIENCE VERIFICATION
- 10/23/2015 – ADD’L SELF EMPLOYMNT INFO REQUESTED
- 12/09/2015 – RETURNED APP RECEIVED BACK AT CSLB
- 12/24/2015 – CORRECTIONS SENT TO BE SCANNED
- 12/24/2015 – APPLICATION RETURNED FOR CORRECTION
- 12/24/2015 – WORK EXPERIENCE BLANK/PROBLEM
- 12/24/2015 – CERT INCOMPLETE
- 12/24/2015 – CRITICAL CLASS DUTIES NOT SPECIFIC
- 12/24/2015 – EMAILED CERTS FOR ADDL CORRECTION.
- 01/08/2016 – EXTENDED VOID DATE
- 01/08/2016 – RETURNED APP RECEIVED BACK AT CSLB
- 01/08/2016 – CORRECTIONS SENT TO BE SCANNED
- 01/13/2016 – APP SENT TO SUPERVISOR FOR REVIEW
- 01/25/2016 – ROUTED TO EXP ANALYST FOR REVIEW
- 01/26/2016 – APPLICATION RETURNED TO PROGRM TECH
- 01/26/2016 – DOCS INSUFF – EXPER NOT VERIFIED
- 01/26/2016 – APP VOID – APP NOT PROCESSED
- 01/26/2016 – APPLICATION IS VOID
- 01/26/2016 – VOID LETTER SENT
Don’t put yourself in this position where you’re dealing with the CSLB changing the rules on you! Let me help you!!