State Agency Appealing to Licensed Contractors

State Agency Appealing to Licensed Contractors

State Agency Appealing to Licensed Contractors to Help Fill Statewide Job Openings

Department of Housing and Community Development looking for candidates with construction experience

CSLB Press Release 2/6/15 – SACRAMENTO  –  The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is alerting California’s construction industry about a job recruitment effort underway by another state agency, the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD). Licensed contractors may find they meet the minimum qualifications for these jobs, and may want to consider the challenges and benefits these opportunities offer.

HCD is recruiting for Housing Inspectors to work under the state job classification of District Representative (DR) I or II in locations around California. The department is responsible for the preservation and expansion of safe and affordable housing, as well as ensuring an adequate supply of housing opportunities for Californians.

Some duties of the DR I and DR II include:

  • Reviewing and approving plans for building alterations and structures;
  • Conducting complaint  investigations to ensure compliance with state and federal health and safety code regulations;
  • Providing technical code interpretations and other professional assistance; and
  • Conducting field inspections within mobile home and RV parks

Benefits include working from home; use of a state vehicle, flexible schedule, as well as medical, dental, vision, retirement plans, sick leave and vacation. The salary for the DR II ranges from $60,000 to $74,532/year. The DR I range is from $54,660 to $67,824/year.

Note: Candidates will need to take an online examination before applying for a position. More information is available on HCD’s Housing Inspector Recruitment Flyer.



I am a Navy vet and former laborer for a B-Gen Bldg contractor, I built mobile homes for many years, I worked at the Contractors State License Board for 5 yrs, and have been operating a contractors license service company since 2005.

1 thought on “State Agency Appealing to Licensed Contractors”

  1. Thank you for this information. I am interested in getting a Housing inspector license. I am glad to know that HCD is offering job opportunities in addition to the degree. Now I am preparing for the exams. How can I ensure that after obtaining the corresponding license I am eligible for the job? Is there any requirements for being a housing inspector?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Let's Chat with the License Guru

Have questions? Contact Us.

Scroll to Top